European Green Deal (2019-2020)
Event date: 05/12/2019
This package contains the events between 1st July 2019 and 31 December 2020. For latest events, see related links.
The ‘European Green Deal’ proposed by Ursula von der Leyen, President of the EC, sets several goals for climate and nature in Europe and beyond:
- a European climate law to enact the 2050 target;
- an extension of the emissions trading system;
- a European carbon border tax; more ambitious targets and reduce emissions by at least 50% by 2030;
- a sustainable Europe investment plan to boost private investments;
- a just transition fund so no one is left behind; a biodiversity strategy for 2030
- and a new circular economy action plan.